Christ Lutheran Church Reopening Plan
We’re Here to Share God’s Love….. SAFELY
Christ Lutheran Church Reopening Plan (July 19, 2020)
Christ Lutheran Church will reopen for services, beginning Sunday, July 19th, on a limited basis and with important health safety guidelines, which will continue to evolve and be updated. Services will be at 8:00 am and 9:30 am.
Jesus said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:30-31)
As the people of Christ Lutheran Church we are seeking the best ways to “love our neighbor” as we plan to come together to worship. Under the direction of church leadership, church staff and medical professionals the guidelines below will help open the church with your health and safety in mind.
As always, we know you will take care for your own safety and the safety of others. If you are comfortable being present that’s wonderful. If the time is not yet right for you, we will continue to record and post our On-Line Worship videos.
Steps the church is taking to have an engaging yet safe service for in-person attendees:
- Seating will be limited to 50 participants per service
- Enter and exit by the Angel Door (south entrance)
- Bulletins will be available before service in the Narthex. Please take them home with you.
- Offering plates will be available in the Narthex at the end of the service
- Ushers will seat and dismiss worshipers
- Families or co-worshipers will be able to sit together in groups
- Only every other pew will be open to maintain social distancing
- All worshipers will be encouraged, but not required to wear masks (please bring your own)
- There will be no Holy Communion at this time.
- We will not be offering fellowship hour after services at this time.
- Greet one another with a verbal hello or wave
- Children’s activity bags will not be available
- Building has been disinfected by New Tech Sanitiz, a Dane County company CLC hired that specializes in sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available
Steps we’re asking all attendees to take to ensure a safe service:
- Please wear masks and abide by all of the social distancing guidelines, above
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well
- Beginning Monday, July 6th, register yourself and each family member for an upcoming service in advance, via the church SignUp page. Click on this SIGNUP button, select the date and time for the service you want to attend and signup.
- Please use the Angel Door only when entering or leaving church
As we transition to worshiping together, guidelines are such that we are limited to the number of worshipers we can seat in our worship space. To ensure we do not surpass the directed number of 50 per worship service, you are asked to sign up using SignUp, if you are planning to worship in person at church. If you do not have access to the internet, please call the church office (608 846-4718) and church staff will sign you up for a worship date and time of your choice.
Pastor Sue Beadle
Church Council Members
Mike Paulson, President Randy Hanson David Lubick
Bob Henze, Vice President Gus Knitt Jane Mathweg
Jen Lockman, Secretary Sandy Legried Stan Nelson
Cathey LaHaye, Treasurer Roger Leonhardt Todd Shucha