About Our Church
The mission statement of Christ Lutheran Church is three simple words:
Celebrate ~ Learn ~ Care
As a congregation, we are called to share the word of God through worship and fellowship; to nurture our community; minister to all; and to witness by living in the word.
Christ is the foundation upon which the church is built:
- We are led by the example of Jesus Christ and guided by the Holy Scriptures to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked, care for the sick, the homebound and the imprisoned.
- We are empowered (by the Holy Scripture) through worship, prayer and education to carry out the work of the Lord.
- Christ Lutheran Church will provide a welcoming, safe environment that draws people into our midst to worship, partake in the sacraments and be strengthened to carry out the work of the Lord.
- We are called to reach out and serve all God’s people locally and globally in an inclusive and gracious manner.
- To joyously proclaim God’s grace and unconditional love.
At CLC we have so many reasons and seasons when CELEBRATING is necessary. We celebrate baptisms, weddings, confirmations, first communions, and even those times when a loved one goes on to their Heavenly home. We also stop to celebrate our milestones, such as anniversaries, birthdays, and graduations.
When we know better, we do better. There are so many different opportunities at CLC to learn more about our faith, ourselves, our neighbors, and our world. It is through LEARNING that we can grow ~ stretching our branches out to reach others, while our roots grow deeper.
Through the many outreach ministries we offer here at CLC, it is clear that we have so very many people in our congregation who are truly CARING. Whether it’s making quilts to be shipped to another part of the world, making a meal for those who are hungry in Madison, or building a home for a family in need …….we are there to lend a hand.